What is a donor advised fund?
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. DAFs simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to Equity Foundation
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free)
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice
What are the main advantages of a donor advised fund?
- Simplicity: the DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements and tax receipts
- Flexibility: timing your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making
- Tax-efficiency: contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy: a DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs: there is no cost to establish a donor advised fund. However, Equity Foundation requires $5,000 minimum initial charitable contribution to establish a DAF.
- Privacy if desired: donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
To download information about Donor Advised Funds, click here: DAF Overview.
Documents for Current Donor Advisors:
Equity Foundation’s Donor Advised Funds:
A.J. Arriola and Alice Jacobson Fund
Adler Jarach Fund
Anita B. Stelling & Ann Marie Brown Charitable Fund
Ann Bunnenberg and Jamie Ross Fund
Ann Sherman and Cris Corcoran Fund
Anne Hoot and Laura Stepp Fund
Arima Schumann Endowment Fund
Barry Pilip & Brian Smith Fund
Blaine Kozak Fund
Blue Star Fund
Cathy Travis and Leila Wrathall Fund
Chip Mayhue Memorial Fund
David Wagner & Bill Dickey Fund
Derek Holmgren and Michael Traylor Fund
Don Powell Fund
Dorrie Clark and Linda Traeger Fund
Fabric of Life/Mitch Quigley Fund
Fred Miller and Karla Wenzel Fund
Gail Robinson Fund
Gary R. Maffei & Marcus R. Lintner Fund
George Eighmey and Peter Livingston Fund
Greg Wagner Endowment Fund
Hillary A. Miller Fund
Jackson R. Miller Fund
Jan Schorey Fund
John Grigsby-Jim Vegher Endowed Fund
John Grigsby-Jim Vegher Fund
Julie Mancini Fund
June Arima Schumann and John Schumann Fund
Kathleen MacNaughton Fund
Kathryn Keller and Mary Anne Gard Fund
Kip Beardsley and Matthew Nelson Fund
Laura E. Miller Fund
LGBTQ Juvenile Justice Fund
Liz MacDonell and Lisa Domenico Fund
Lynn Bosworth & Katherine Thurber Fund
Madeline O. Miller Fund
Mark A. Clift Fund
Mary Mack and Sue Caulfield Fund
Norm Kalbfleisch and Neil Matteucci Fund
Rene Monte-Slackman Fund
Ronald E. Shaw Memorial Fund
Ross Family Fund
Scott Philips Fund
Stephen W. Domreis Fund
Susan A. Nestor & Phyllis E. Solow Fund
Susannah Malool/Sissy Martin Fund
Terry Bean Endowment Fund
Terry Bean Fund
The Big Sky Endowment Fund
The Big Sky Fund
The Jaffe Endowed Family Fund
The Jaffe Family Fund
Thomas D. Aschenbrener Fund
Tim Chapman and Adam Kuby Fund
Tom Barreto and Brian Sinclair Fund
Topics On This Page: Roseburg Oregon 501C3 | Oregon State Free Grants | Newport Oregon Tax Deduction | Oregon Gay Lesbian Grants