Equity Foundation is Oregon’s only grant-making institution established to fund programs and projects that advance equality for those in the LGBTQ community.
Equity has been funding equality since 1989. By granting money to organizations that respect and protect diversity, we ensure that all have a place to be represented.
We believe our communities should be safe for LGBTQ individuals and that sexual orientation and gender identity should not be the basis for social alienation or legal discrimination. Equity lives this vision by granting to non-profits that provide services that protect LBGTQ Youth; provide those living HIV/AIDS stable housing and support services; advance transgender justice; produce art as a tool for social change; and educate and engage different communities on LGBT issues.
Types of Projects Funded
Equity Foundation makes grants to organizations that advance positive interaction and understanding of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTIQQ) into the broader community and/or that promote healthy human interactions. Through its grant making, Equity Foundation seeks to:
- support small/start-up or emerging organizations that are often isolated from traditional funding sources
- support organizations that serve the LGBTIQQ community as well as those that include people who are LGBTIQQ and members of other diverse communities
- reach underserved groups
- fund statewide
- raise visibility in the larger community and the LGBTIQQ community
- promote leadership and help frame policy and the debate over issues impacting diverse communities
- fund projects with measurable outcomes, which may include projects that build organizational capacity or fund operations
For more information or for technical assistance, contact Dani Bernstein, Programs and Office Administrator at 503-231-5759 x522 or firstname.lastname@example.org.