Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program! We will begin accepting applications for our 2014 scholarships shortly. Please check back for information on our scholarships and how to apply.
To be eligible for our scholarships, students must be:
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered or the child of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered parent(s);
- Students in Oregon and Southwest Washington; In need of financial assistance and able to provide clear financial need statements;
- Be accepted for enrollment or enrolled in an accredited educational program beyond the secondary level which has an established non-discrimination policy that includes sexual and gender minority groups;
- Able to provide supporting evidence to prove they are capable of successfully completing a degree program.
Here are other points to consider:
- The majority of our scholarship deadlines fall in July.
- Basic information to have ready for most scholarship applications include: transcripts, letters of recommendation and a statement of financial need. Personal statements are also requested for all applications.
- Scholarships have been previously awarded to students who have more than six months of experience as activists or who have otherwise demonstrated leadership within the LGBTQ community, have a GPA above 3.0, and have a clear financial need statement.
Please contact Dani Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-231-5759 ext. 522 if you have questions.