We at Equity Foundation believe our communities should be safe for LGBTQ individuals and that sexual orientation and gender identity should not be the basis for social alienation or legal discrimination. Equity lives this vision by granting to non-profits that provide services that protect LBGTQ Youth; provide those living HIV/AIDS stable housing and support services; advance Transgender justice; produce art as a tool for social change, and advocate for marriage equality.
Membership in Equity Foundation represents a connection between you and equality. With membership, the power of philanthropy belongs to you. As a member you vote on how we grant funds to non-profits working to bring equality to LGBTQ Oregonians. Membership also means you will be invited to exclusive events held to connect you to leaders working to address key issues.
There are four ways to join Equity Foundation: as a Friend, Supporter, Advocate or Advisor. Within these four options lay a variety of opportunities to engage with Equity Foundaiton, funders and the community at large.
Click on chart to see larger image.
- Vote on Grant Recipient: Equity Foundation’s grants committee and board of directors will vete grant application and the top candidates for funding. Members will be asked to vote on which organization/program should receive funding via an email vote.
- Quarterly Newsletter: Members will receive a quarterly newsletter via email informing them of Equity Foundation activities, processes, highlights and other information pertaining to the work being conducted at the Foundation.
- Member Appreciation Event:Receive an invitation to Equity Foundation’s annual member appreciation event.
- Equity Foundation Gift Bag: Receive an appreciation gift from Equity Foundation.
- Community Connections: An opportunity for members to meet Equity Foundation grant recipients and partner organizations to learn more about their initiatives to advance equality.
- Event Tickets: Depending on membership level, Equity Foundation members are invited to attend:Bill Dickey’s Annual party benefiting Equity Foundation and only open to men or a women’s only event held in the summer.
- Women Who Lead Luncheon: Equity Foundation’s celebration of women who work in service of equality.
- Equity Awards: The awards event will also honor individuals, groups and institutions who have served as catalysts for equality in the LGBTQ community.
Click here to become a member of Equity Foundation.
If you have questions, please contact Izzy Ventura at email@example.com or 503-231-5759 ext. 521